If you are over the age of 16, legally able to work in Canada, and are looking for resources to assist you in your job search, you are eligible to be a self-serve client at any WorkBC location.
Free resources available to help assist you in your job search include:
- Job Board
- Photocopy/Printer/Fax machine
- Resume/Cover Letter Templates
- Resume proofreading and feedback
- Basic assistance with updating your resume
- Computers with internet access for job search
- Access to workshops (see workshop calendar for list of classes currently available)
- Access to our Community Resources, Education/Training, and Job Search Libraries
If you want to take advantage of one-to-one career counselling and assistance with your job search, as well as make use of all Self-Serve resources, Case Management is for you!
Free resources available to Case Management clients to help assist in job searching include:
- Career assessments
- Workshop referrals
- Self-Employment Services*
- Community Partner Referrals *
- Training Information – Short Term*
- Access to Job Search and Job Start Supports*
- All resources available to Self-Serve clients
- Individual help with finding applicable resources and support for job searching
*Eligibility is determined on a case by case basis
The workshops at WorkBC Sardis are designed to provide you with the tools that will help you succeed in today’s intensely competitive job market. Job searching is no longer as easy as just dropping of a resume and hoping for the best. Your success depends on serious research, as well as expert planning and preparation. Our workshops will give you a solid place to start. You will learn how identify your skills and abilities, market yourself to potential employer, how to create resumes and cover letters that get you noticed, how to interview effectively, and how to follow up in a way that gets you noticed.
All of our workshops are FREE to attend for any WorkBC client who is not currently employed. Stop by our office, or give us a call at 604-858-5472 to register for one of our exciting workshops.
Providing Self-Serve Resources, Employment Counselling, Workshops, Referrals, and Volunteer Opportunities to support the under and unemployed in Chilliwack
HOURS OF OPERATION
Chilliwack Community Services is an independent local charity providing opportunities for people to make positive change in their lives.
This workshop will explore career options using your passions, strengths, & skills. Please see your case manager at WorkBC for a referral. Contact 604.858.5472 for...
Come in for a quick 10 minute meet and greet interview. Where you will learn more about Valley Personnel and thier services. And where they will get to know you...
Aerotek is a Global Leader in Recruiting and Staffing. "We believe in people and their amazing potential. Whether you're looking for a job, seeking hires or thinking...